IT’S STILL SUMMER
…and that means this meal is perfectly timed! What better way to celebrate late summer than with a sweet & savory salad?
This recipe was inspired by The Floating Kitchen‘s Almond-Crusted Goat Cheese, Peach, & Fig Salad. We tweaked it a tad and enjoyed it immensely.
For the Fried Goat Cheese:
- 8 ounces goat cheese (in a log)
- panko bread crumbs
- salt + pepper to taste
- we added Onion & Garlic Tableside Sprinkle from the Savory Spice Shop (once again, we’re always adding garlic)
- 1 egg, beaten
- about 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
For the Dressing:
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
For the Salad:
- 8 cups arugula
- 1 tablespoon basil leaves, torn
- 8 fresh figs, halved
- 2 peaches, halved, pitted and sliced
You can find INSTRUCTIONS at Floating Kitchen.
We paired the salad with slices of our newly acquired challah bread from Pajama Baking Company, butter, and wine, for good measure.
It was decadent and still light. And those peaches!
Even Rico Suave was licking his lips!