GET YOUR OATS ON THE GO
But who would’ve guessed the blender could be used to make easy, grab-and-go running fuel? Enter the Blender Muffin phenomenon, thanks to a (slightly modified) Pinterest recipe.
Bonus: they’re Clean Eating!
Okay, let’s just get straight to it. Here’s the recipe, found on Wellplated.com and tweaked a tad.
- 2 cups oats, quick cooking or old fashioned oats
(We used 1 1/3 rolled oats and 1/3 whole wheat pastry flour because I ran out of oats!)
- 2 large very ripe bananas (We used frozen ripe bananas)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2-3 tablespoons honey (adjust to preferred sweetness)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- Up to 1/2 cup mix-ins: chocolate chips (mini or regular), chopped dark chocolate, nuts, dried cranberries, or blueberries (fresh or frozen)
(We used dark chocolate chips!)
Visit my friend over at Wellplated.com for the full recipe!
They are dense, oaty, and delicious!