END THE DAY RIGHT
I think I mentioned before that I love breakfast. I love it so much that I could eat it all day long.
I recently went for a quick 3-mile run between a long work day and going to see Sweeney Todd at the Denver Center—and to avoid the expense (and often lack of nutrition) of quickly eating out, I improvised in the kitchen with this deliciousness.
I call this: Egg & Veggie Medley
- sautéed mushrooms, spinach, and minced garlic in olive oil
- wilted arugula (added it to the sautéed veggies at the very end)
- a dash of balsamic vinegar to the veggie medley
- two runny fried eggs on top of the medley
- half of an avocado, sliced
- half of a banana, sliced
- black pepper, to taste
I’m telling you: it tasted like something you’d spend $15 on for brunch or dinner—and way better than what you’d spend $7 on at a fast food joint. And it probably cost me a whole $3 in ingredients. Score!
Bonus: Add Cholula if you know what’s good for ya!
And if you didn’t see my post on how amazing Sweeney Todd was, take a look. It was worth the scramble to get there! (Yes, pun intended.)